The American Chamber of Commerce in the Kyrgyz Republic (AmCham) is a leading international business association committed to creating favorable and competitive business environment in the Kyrgyz Republic.
AmCham brings together more than 80 large, medium and small enterprises from different sectors of the economy. AmCham promotes and protects the legitimate interests of local and international investors who have contributed to the economy of Kyrgyzstan. As a liaison between entrepreneurs and government agencies, the American Chamber of Commerce helps to improve the investment climate in the country.
Our Mission: Create a favorable investment climate in the Kyrgyz Republic, be a voice of business and a link between all stakeholders of the Kyrgyz Republic’s economic growth.
Our Vision: AmCham is the key player of public and private dialogue in creating conducive business environment and No. 1 business association in the country in advocating for the rights of entrepreneurs.
Greeting from the Executive Director
On behalf of the American Chamber of Commerce in the Kyrgyz Republic, I would like to welcome you on our website! The American Chamber of Commerce in the Kyrgyz Republic is part of the global AmCham network worldwide, representing the business community of both local and foreign investors.
Our international business association has been active in Kyrgyzstan for over 15 years. During that time, a lot has been achieved for the development of business in Kyrgyzstan. Yet, there are still many issues of strategic importance ahead of us to be resolved to help improve the business climate in the country, build strong business relationships with the countries of the world, and facilitate the development of Kyrgyzstan as a state with strong and stable economy.
AmCham activities are aimed at improving the investment climate in the country, as well as promoting business interests both locally and internationally. It should be noted that AmCham pays special attention to building a constructive dialogue between business and the government of the country in order to achieve common goals for the benefit of the economic development of the Kyrgyz Republic.
As of today, the American Chamber of Commerce in Kyrgyzstan brings together more than 80 member companies, including small, medium and large businesses. Among them are financial institutions, mining companies, mobile operators, FMCG-companies, consulting firms, advertising agencies, and others. Thanks to such wide diversity of sectors covered, we are able to be effective in tackling multi-faceted tasks for the benefit of business environment development across the board.
Besides the fact that we act as a link between businesses, public authorities, and the international business community, we also provide a platform for the discussion and resolution of urgent issues. In addition, we provide access to the needed resources and information, and are always open to ideas and innovations coming from our members. We help find potential partners and investors, render advisory services and provide up-to-date information, which affects the development of your business.
I am certain that we can be useful to one another and, working together, will be able to reach new heights and intended goals.
What does AmCham do?
Business connection and network
AmCham serves as a connecting link between businesses, policy-makers, international aid organizations and other stakeholders of the Kyrgyz Republic’s sustainable economic growth to achieve win-win solutions.
- B2B meetings
- Business forums and conferences
- Business breakfasts with Government officials
- Business tours abroad
- Company tours and visits
- Committee meetings
- Sports and social events
- Other networking events
AmCham provides strong information support to its members using all convenient communications means.
We keep our members informed of:
- member-companies’ news, their products and services
- local, regional and international business events
- news and articles regarding finance, marketing, taxes, etc.
- latest changes to the laws and regulations
using our regular products and channels:
- AmCham Newsletter
- Legal News Review
- Emails, website, social media
- company news among our members and partners
- our members’ products and services both in the country and in foreign markets
- information on businesses and opportunities in the country to interested investors
Representation & Advocacy
AmCham represents its members in high level public-private dialogue and organizes B2G meetings for them.
- create effective platforms for addressing private sector challenges – round tables, conferences and forums
- develop recommendations related to the country and sector development strategies, key government decisions, laws and regulations, and send them to policy-makers
- raise sectoral issues and challenges based on the needs and recommendations of AmCham sub-committees
in cooperation with:
- the President’s Office, Cabinet of Ministers, ministries and other Government structures based on the needs of our members;
- business representatives and international organizations
- business associations and non-profit organizations
AmCham provides learning and development opportunities
- Trainings, seminars and webinars to improve the qualifications of companies’ employees
- Internship programs
- Mentorship programs
- and more…
Promote companies, their products and services
The Chamber is an effective platform for promoting the products and services of AmCham participating companies
- Information support using the Chamber’s information resources
- B2B meetings
- Tours and company visits
- Placing company information, logos and topical news on the Chamber website
- Posting company news in the monthly newsletter
- Mailing of company news to the Chamber members and partners
Visas support for business tours
AmCham members can receive letters of support for obtaining visas to the USA, European Union and other countries.
AmCham Global Network
Founded in 2005, the American Chamber of Commerce is part of the largest international business organization, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which represents the interests of more than 3 million companies. AmCham cooperates with global AmCham network, which representing 117 Chambers in 103 countries all over the world.
The Kyrgyz Republic is a country in Central Asia, with the population of over 6.5 million. Kyrgyzstan exports electricity, cotton, gold, meat, tobacco, garments, mercury, uranium, and wool. The country has a developed mining industry and clothing manufacture. According to the ranking of countries by the level of economic freedom in 2021, Kyrgyzstan holds the 78th position, which belongs to the “moderately free countries” category. In Central Asia, Kyrgyzstan ranks the second after the Republic of Kazakhstan. According to the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business Ranking for 2020, Kyrgyzstan is at the 80th position out of 190 economies of the world.
The Kyrgyz Republic is attractive for investments in the following sectors of the economy:
- Information technology,
Competitive advantages of the Kyrgyz Republic for investors:
- Liberal legislation,
- Transparent and favorable environment,
- Low tax rates,
- Qualified workforce,
- Low cost for electric energy,
- Low cost of living,
- Visa-free regime for 61 countries.