Meeting of the American Chamber of Commerce Committee on Innovation, Digital and Information Technologies
On March 6, 2019, during the meeting of the American Chamber of Commerce Committee on Innovation, Digital and Information Technologies, the speakers included: Mr. Dastan Dogoev- Advisor to the President of the Kyrgyz Republic on a voluntary basis, Director of the “Digital Central Asia – South Asia: Kyrgyz Republic” Project Implementation Unit under the State Committee for Information Technologies and Communications of the Kyrgyz Republic, Coordinator of the Expert Council, and Ms. Nuriya Kutnaeva – Director of State Enterprise “Center for Electronic Interaction” under the State Committee for Information Technologies and Communications of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Mr. Dogoev spoke on the topic of the Strategic objectives of the Digital transformation concept “Digital Kyrgyzstan 2019-2023”.
- Creating new opportunities for the public through the development of digital skills.
- The introduction of digital education into the general education system;
- Development of IT education and training of highly qualified IT specialists;
- Digital skills for the entire population, including for vulnerable groups;
- Development of national digital content in the state language.
- Providing high-quality digital services, increasing efficiency, effectiveness, openness, transparency, accountability and fighting corruption, increasing the level of citizen involvement in government and municipal decision-making processes through digital transformation of the state and municipal government systems.
- Ensuring economic breakthrough by means of digital transformation of the private sector and strengthening of international partnerships.
Stages of implementation of the Digital Transformation Digital Kyrgyzstan concept:
- Ensuring a clear understanding of the objectives of the Concept at all levels;
- Qualitative development and implementation of long-term strategic initiatives and projects within the framework of the Concept;
- Ensuring effective interaction and development of recommendations for the creation of conditions for effective cooperation between all organizational structures of the governance system;
- Collect feedback for continuous development within the framework of the Concept.
Details on the implementation stages can be found at www.digital.gov.kg
Mr. Dogoev stressed the important role of the business sector in the implementation of digital transformation plans and emphasized the openness and significance of the dialogue between the state and business sectors for the successful implementation of the plans for digital transformation of the country.
Nuriya Kutnaeva told about the connection of business structures to the system of interdepartmental electronic communication “Tunduk”. Ms. Kutnaeva said that thanks to “Tunduk” system, the ministries, departments, state enterprises, municipal authorities and other organizations (legal and physical entities ) are able to exchange information with each other directly, without the need to require paperwork from the citizens.
The tasks of the Electronic Interaction Center include:
– administration and technical support of the system of interdepartmental electronic communication system “Tunduk”;
– ensuring the exchange of information between government bodies, local governments, government institutions, as well as legal and physical entities in the implementation of e-government within the framework of “Tunduk”.
As of February 25, 2019, agreements have been concluded with 54 ministries and departments and technical measures have been taken to connect 39 ministries, departments and their subordinate units.
The progress of connecting state and commercial organizations can be monitored on the website: https://www.tunduk.gov.kg/connection-progress/