Intellectual Property Rights Roundtable, April 17, 2013
Intellectual Property Rights Roundtable with American and Kyrgyz experts took place on April 17th, 2013.
– Judge Bernice Donald, Federal Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
– Steven Gardner, General Counsel, Commercial Law Development Program, U.S. Department of Commerce
– Aisulu Chubarova, Outside Counsel to BSA in Kyrgyzstan
– Ruslan Akun, Director of Salam, New York
– Zina Isibaeva, Deputy Chairperson of State Services on Intellectual Property and Innovations (under the Prime Minister’s Office)
The participants, including AmCham members, discussed the importance of the protection of intellectual property rights, and how the issues of pirated software and media affect Kyrgyzstan.