ESCA – Bishkek International School is a non-profit community school providing excellent international education in a happy environment.
ESCA is an official candidate school for the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme providing the most widely accepted qualification to enter any University worldwide. Many universities give preference to IB Diploma students because they know that these students have a broad education, are able to work independently, and can manage a high workload. The Diploma covers the last two years in school, normally from 16-18 years old, when students can select 6 specialist subjects from 5 or 6 different subject groups, ensuring a breadth of study, plus 3 core subjects focused on essay writing, critical thinking, physical activity, and service projects.
ESCA is accredited by Cambridge International Examinations, which at IGCSE level for 14-16 year olds provides 18 different subject options with students selecting between 7 and 12 subjects from 5 different subject groups, ensuring a broad education to prepare them for the IB Diploma Programme. At lower levels in the school, students take all the core subjects including physical education, music and art, and at least one language in addition to English, ESCA’s primary language of instruction. Other language options are Kyrgyz, Russian, French, and Mandarin. Excellent English teaching is a priority for the school as many students from all over the world come to us with little or no English, however, they quickly learn English through a combination of immersion in subject classes, individual language lessons, and by spending time in an English speaking environment.
Beyond the academic subjects, ESCA is renowned for our wide range of extracurricular activities and school events, with all students taking part in musicals, celebrations, and other performance opportunities.
Students and teachers work as a team at ESCA, creating an extraordinary community where everyone enjoys learning. Opening just 4 years ago, ESCA as a community gets stronger and achieves even greater things each year.
- Excellent international education in a safe and happy environment.
- Education for all ages, from pre-school to senior school, age 2 to 18.
- ESCA is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and is pursuing authorization as an IB World School.
- Accreditation and independent assessment by Cambridge International Examinations, the world leader in international education.
- Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) with 16 different subject options for 14-16 year old students.
- All IGCSE students qualify for the International Certificate of Education (ICE) Group Award, the ideal preparation for IB Diploma when they are 17.
- Students from over 30 different countries, providing a wealth of cultural interaction.
- The best international and local teachers with infectious enthusiasm for their subject.
- Full support for English learners to join the main curriculum as quickly as possible
- Russian or Kyrgyz or French or Mandarin as a second language option with optional Russian and Kyrgyz grammar & literature after school.
- A well-resourced location with 24 hour security, large classrooms, library, ICT room, basketball court, adventure play area and grass field for football.
- Open from 07.45 to 15.30 for normal classes and to 17.30 with extra activities and aftercare.
- Morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack for all students.
Extensive extra-curricular activities including football, wushu, drama, art, chess, origami, creative design, tennis, swimming, horse riding, rock climbing and others.